Thousands of students will move into University of Michigan’s from 6 a.m. on Thursday, August 28 through 11 p.m. on Friday, August 29. While move-in is incredibly exciting for students, it also has a huge impact on Ann Arbor traffic patterns. It leads to road closures and changes in parking. The synopsis bellow will show you which area to avoid.
Streets impacted by U of M move in:
• Thompson – one way northbound from Packard to East Madison
• Madison – one way eastbound from Thompson to South State
• Observatory – one way southbound from East Ann to Geddes and meters will be bagged
• East Washington – one way westbound from Fletcher to South State
• Maynard – from Jefferson to East William meters will be bagged
• East University – between Hill and Willard meters will be bagged
• Church Street – between Hill and Willard meters will be bagged
• North University Court – meters will be bagged
• Oxford – parking reserved for move-in from Hill to Geddes
• Washington Heights – closed from Observatory to East Medical Center Drive
• East Ann – one way eastbound from Zina Pitcher Place to Observatory
This map illustrates the city’s road and lane closures.