Thousands of students will move into University of Michigan’s from 6 a.m. on Thursday, August 28 through 11 p.m. on Friday, August 29. While move-in is incredibly exciting for students, it also has a huge impact on Ann Arbor traffic patterns. It leads to road closures and changes in parking. The synopsis bellow will show you which area to avoid.
Streets impacted by U of M move in:
• Thompson – one way northbound from Packard to East Madison
• Madison – one way eastbound from Thompson to South State
• Observatory – one way southbound from East Ann to Geddes and meters will be bagged
• East Washington – one way westbound from Fletcher to South State
• Maynard – from Jefferson to East William meters will be bagged
• East University – between Hill and Willard meters will be bagged
• Church Street – between Hill and Willard meters will be bagged
• North University Court – meters will be bagged
• Oxford – parking reserved for move-in from Hill to Geddes
• Washington Heights – closed from Observatory to East Medical Center Drive
• East Ann – one way eastbound from Zina Pitcher Place to Observatory
This map illustrates the city’s road and lane closures.
Greer Thibodeau works for Charles Reinhart Company Realtors as their Marketing Coordinator. Greer is responsible for coordinating, planning, and implementing all digital marketing. When she isn't on social media you will find her watching television, eating tacos, or traveling.