Create a beautiful serving tray from an old frame.
What You’ll Need:
- Satin Latex Paint
- Wrapping Paper
- Spray Mount
- 2 Drawer or door handles with screws
- Remove the frame’s backing and any glass, which won’t be strong enough for the tray. You should have a 3/8-inch thick piece of glass cut to fit.
- Paint the frame. After letting it dry, smooth out rough spots with a fine-grit sanding sponge.
- Cut the cardboard and wrapping paper to the same size as the glass that was cut to fit in the frame.
- Adhere the wrapping paper to the cardboard to avoid the wrapping paper shifting.
- Place the glass in the frame, and then insert the cardboard-backed wrapping paper behind it. If your frame had a backing, put it back on. If not, create one by cutting a piece of matboard to the size of your frame. Adhere it to the back with hot glue and then let it dry.
- Flip the frame right sided-up. Center the handles on the shorter sides of the frame. Screw into place, using a drill to make holes for the screw if necessary.